What are the consequences of a DUI arrest for my job or my education? Will I lose my job for a drunk driving conviction?
Michigan Drunk Driving: Employment & Education Consequences
If you've been convicted of a Michigan drunk driving offense, there could be major ramifications for your employment, various licensing and/or higher education.
- Licensed brokers under federal and state law could lose their ability to be a brokers
- When you fill out a job application, you must check the yes box for convictions
- You may need to disclose your conviction to Human Resources, which could lead to employment termination
- You could lose a company car, and/or the insurance policy, which covers that vehicle
- Inability to rent a car from national chains, which could affect business trips and vacations
- A licensed professional (lawyer, doctor, dentist etc) may have their license suspended or revoked.
- Applicants for the above mentioned professional licenses may have their application denied or delayed
- You may be denied a concealed weapons permit, which could put a job in jeopardy, which requires ability to carry a weapon
- A commercial driver's license could be suspended or revoked, which could affect employment.
- You may lose your employee sponsored health and/or life insurance policy, which could leave your family and loved ones without coverage
- You may be denied security clearance, which may cost your job with that employer
- Military career may be terminated or limited due to a DUI conviction
- You may be denied admission to college or professional schools (law school, business school, nursing, medical school etc)
- A teacher may lose his/her job because of a DUI conviction
- A pilot could have their license suspended or revoked due to a conviction.
- You may be denied the ability to work as a bartender or waitress
- If you are a member of a union, you may be terminated if you do not report your conviction.
- All CPA's must report DUI convictions under the Sarbarnes-Oxley Act.
- Scholarship athletes could lose their scholarship and be kicked out of school for DUI convictions
- Celebrities and entertainers could have contracts terminated based on DUI convictions.
Ann Arbor Office Location
Plymouth Office Location
Representing DUI Clients in Michigan
Representing clients charged with a DUI in Ann Arbor, Canton, Brighton, Howell, Saline, Adrian, Taylor, Plymouth, Northville, Westland, Ypsilanti, Pittsfield Towsnhip, Warren, Sterling Heights, Farmington, Pontiac, Romulus, Lansing, Novi, South Lyon, Southfield, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Royal Oak, Troy, Rochester, Jackson, East Lansing, Garden City, Livonia, Dearborn, Detroit, St Clair Shores, Hazel Park, Ferndale, Madison Heights, Waterford, Milford, Shelby Township Clarkston, Oak Park, Berkley, Fraser, Sterling Heights, Clinton Township and others throughout Washtenaw, Wayne, Monroe, Jackson, Genesee, Macomb, Ingham, Lenawee, Livingston and Oakland County.